We came across an article written by Anne Walshe about the wonderful and positive traits that come along with Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) and would love to share them with you. Here are some positive and loving traits that come with being around someone with BPD;
- “Charming in Nature: We can make you look at us the moment we set foot in a place, without having to say or do anything special. We’ll have you ask yourself “how can i get to know this interesting person better?”
- Idealization: We pay attention to you, we want to know how your mind works and we’ll compliment every nice little thing you do. We’re really good with our words, so we’ll use them in your best interest. We can make you feel like a god, like the most amazing human being on Earth, and your self confidence can grow in a matter of seconds.
- Intuition & Observation: We can be the most intuitive people you’ve ever met. You cannot lie to us. We’ll know it, we’ll sense it. We can guess almost everything just by looking at your face and expressions.
- High on Emotions: Happiness can feel like a drug. Listening to a song can make me shiver, roll my eyes, hug myself, feel like I am the king of the world, smile til my face is hurting, see the world with different eyes, like I’m entering another dimension. I feel like every atom and particle around me is dancing, and that we can raise above the sky together.
- Kindness: All we wanna do is help and be there for you. We’ll give you anything you want if it’s not hurting or harming us in any way. We’re usually diplomatic (when we’re not romantically involved) and like to mediate fights or arguments, giving others all different perspectives they need and we love animals more than anything else in the world.
- Empathy: We’re always a good shoulder to cry on, but we might need yours too. You cry, we cry. We can feel anything you feel and we listen and understand your problems.”
Thank you Anne Walshe for reminding those of us who struggle with emotion regulation of our positive and wonderful qualities. Borderline Personality Disorder can be difficult and confusing at times. BPD also comes with valuable, special and beautiful attributes. Please find her link below.
Written by: (Walshe, Anne), What is a typucal day like for somone with borderline personality disorder, Quora (January 18th, 2022)